Here is an overview of national news articles on substance abuse and opioid epidemic. If you have any articles that you think are worth posting here, then please do not hesitate to email them to us.
A Central Massachusetts town has voted to join Greenfield in suing big pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors for their alleged roles in opioid addiction leading to a crisis, and other communities are considering joining as well.
A new alliance launched by Health IT Now features providers, technology startups and medical associations geared towards leveraging data and technology to combat the opioid epidemic.
A yearlong investigation has detailed how international drug traffickers harnessed vulnerabilities in the mail system to flood the illicit market with potent opioids, according to a report released Wednesday by Senators Rob Portman and Tom Carper.
- Should Courts Allow Cops to be “Experts” in Drug Intoxication for DUI Cases?
- Should Bars be Allowed to be Sued when they Serve Alcohol to Someone who Later Causes a DUI-Related Accident?
- Shooting a Gun while Intoxicated Less Dangerous than Driving while Intoxicated?
- Should California Lower its BAC Limit?
- Maine Supreme Court Affirms DUI Conviction Even Though Science Suggests Defendant was Involuntarily Intoxicated
- School Bus Driver DUI with 26 Students Onboard, Abandons Bus and Students
- Canadian Immigration Crackdown on Foreign DUI Offenders
- Can an Unconscious Driver Give Consent to have a Blood Alcohol Test?
- Could DUI Fines be on the Upswing?
- How Does a DUI Affect Car Insurance?
- North Dakota Bill Outlawing DUI Checkpoint Passes House
- States with the Most Drunk Drivers
- Should Waze be Allowed to Post DUI Checkpoint Locations?
- New Jersey Forensic Lab Scandal Likely to Affect Thousands of DUI Cases
- Massachusetts Judge Throws Out More than 400 Breathalyzer Results